Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sun, more sun please!

I've been in fall/winter now for almost a year.  I am over snow, rain, dark days, short days, sweaters, hats, coats, etc.  I am ready for sun, longer days, shorts, t shirts, and dresses.  For my most recent 3 day weekend I had a choice of snow (snowboarding) or sun (surfing).  I went for the sun and surfing!

I flew to Sydney on a Friday and had the day to spend there.  Had myself a fabulous lunch on a pier looking at yachts and men in business suits.  I then took one of the ferries to the South Point and did a short hike/walk with views of the harbor, city, Manly, and the Pacific.  Then caught my ride to Surf Camp.

Saturday and Sunday were spent with a whole lot of youngin's.  It was interesting to be the "old" person there.  Most of them were in uni and none were even Aussies.  They were all bright eyed, optimistic, and, and, and just made me feel old and bitter realistic.  I can officially surf, catch waves well, stand and turn :)

A nice dinner on Sunday, and then a really, really early flight on Monday to head back to work.

Otto's for some yummy gnocchi

muscato for dessert

Botanic Gardens for Ann

the city from within the gardens

the coat hanger

from South Point

along the Fishermen's Cottages



Manly.  The torpedo/sub nets used to go across here


See this Aussies.  This is how I order my coffee.  Confused the poor Starbuck's people.   But I do miss my skinny vanilla subbing one shot of peppermint for a vanilla.

Surf Camp


Sunrise walk on the beach as all the youngin's slept in
Sunset on Saturday from the hill above the beach



Surfing USA


Tom here is your bridge and opera house shot.




1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through a post on Ravelry about health care :) I'm an Australian, but I've been living in the US for 20 years. Sydney is my favorite city in the whole world - I'm glad you liked it.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete