Friday, September 7, 2012

Dinner Parties :)

Well I finally dragged some people over for dinner.  Due to Kat (other American vet I work with) and I both working at the same clinic with odd hours, we just scheduled it for a weeknight.  It was comfort food for me, Mexican goodness for Kat, and new food for everyone else.

The menu was:
Guacamole
Chili con Queso made without velveeta :(
CPKs White Corn (only yellow here) and Tomato Soup
Cornbread
Salad with Sour Cream and Chipotle dressing
Black Bean and Chicken Enchiladas that BPK first made for me almost 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!
Spanish Rice
Cinnamon Ice Cream  Flan (Aussie Post is slow and my transformer for ice cream maker STILL ISN'T HERE)
and Margaritas!!!!!

And for all the old school people Apples to Apples came out and nobody had played before... as always there were a few classic moments.
Streaky bacon, onions, green chiles, sour cream, black beans....yummmm

it's like a flag of goodness

always good times


No comments:

Post a Comment