Friday, March 30, 2012

Getting there

I have my iPhone back.  I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.  I can now get email.  Get a map (aka not be lost).  I can call if I do get lost.  I can text.  Really what this means is I feel less disconnected.

I started running again this week.  Being at sea level is helpful, the humidity not so much.  I've seen some of these though....
rosella

dusky morheen

and on a walk last night, some of these.... much cuter than the american version, although evidently just as mean!

opossum

I also started work this week.  Much busier than I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing.  I've had IMHA, HGE, possible PDA, cruciate surgery, dentals, blocked tom, in heat spay.  And that's just me, not the other 4 vets!!  The drugs have different names, different concentrations, and different sizes.  There are also new drugs, drugs I can use in different ways (Metacam on cats anyone?).

Still waiting to hear about my apartment, so no address yet.  I do finally have an ATM card, so I can stop paying transaction fees!  

Today's final note, I found a mexican food store that sells chili powder AND -->



ETA: I also ate kangaroo last night, quite tasty!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are settling in nicely!! Pretty birds! Is the water warm there, or cold? Nothing finer in my world than a warm, large body of water! May have to visit next time we have 2 feet of snow on the ground!! Happy busy at work. Miss ya'! Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great (and diverse!) caseload. And I bet Diet Dr. Pepper goes great with Tim Tams :)

    ReplyDelete