(I'm also pretty sure Judy Mitchell-Miller's head would spin with the horrible grammar in the above paragraph, but I've been packing for 3 days straight, haven't slept well for a week, and I'm working on the 2L bottle of wine Tess gave me...)
Today, I was offered an out. While some of my favorite people took me to lunch (and helped me "pack" by taking various items), I got a phone call. Remember that first post where I mentioned interviewing, and more interviewing? Well one of the clinics that I interviewed with 4 times called and offered me a job in Denver today. That's right--the movers come tomorrow morning, plane ticket is booked, apartment given up, and it's been OVER A MONTH since I've heard from them--and they called to offer me a job. It was extremely satisfying to say that I had taken a full-time position since I hadn't heard from them FOR A MONTH. She asked where I had taken it, and I was more than happy to say "Australia." It was a hard moment. I could have all that I had worked for the last 3 years. All that I thought I wanted. Ooooorrrrrrrr I could have the biggest adventure of my life.
So, the movers come tomorrow. Party is on Saturday, the best day of the year. Flight is on for Tuesday night.
P.S. I chose adventure ;)
P.P.S Based on today with Amanda, I plan on wearing waterproof mascara Saturday.
Good for you for continuing on your adventure!!
ReplyDeleteThis is your "road less traveled," and it will make all the difference! Good for you for choosing it!
ReplyDeleteLakeMartinGal
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe Denver clinic is a day late and a dollar short. If they really wanted you, they had their chance. I'm all in favor of following serendipitous opportunities that open new doors for you. Have a safe flight!!
ReplyDelete