This weekend has been fantastic. I went dancing until some stupidly late/early hour on Friday. Even better was that I loved the music, 60s, hip hop, top 40ish. Though I will say seeing the Aussies bust a move to "Gangsta's Paradise" seemed odd in the context that Adelaide is one of the whitest, most non-ghetto places I've been, but good times until my feet hurt so bad I couldn't dance anymore. Saturday was shenanigans with one my Ameri-Aussie friends. Can anyone tell me why it's so shocking I was a pom/drill/cheerleader in high school/secondary? I'm not sure what that says about me then or now! Also, I still resoundingly suck at pool.
Then today was awesome. One of the things I miss about Colorado is the views. And while I do mean the views of the mountains, I also mean from the mountains. I miss being up high and getting my bearings, seeing how the roads combine and flow, where the rivers go, how the cities are organized. Mt. Lofty is our highest peak here, and doesn't even compare to the Flatirons in height. So today I had a special treat....
 |
| This was the plane I got to fly in :D ! |
 |
| Murray River |
 |
| Coming to the coast |
 |
| Looking back on the river/national park |
 |
| Mouth of the Murray River |
 |
| I would not want to be in these waves |
Now off to catch up on sleep... or my nurses will want to strangle me tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment