First off, let's just say that I can go to Sydney, Australia for a weekend trip. This is mind blowing to me. This is going to be a long and picture heavy post. But, who am I kidding? I can't tell a short story to save my life and I like pictures! I haven't linked this post yet, so sorry if like to clicky. I intend on coming back to it when I have a bit more time...
I flew out of Adelaide at a stupid early time of 6am. This was the first of some of my observations of this trip. The airport was a trip back to 1981 for me. For domestic travel you can:
travel with liquids, and I don't mean 3oz
keep your shoes on
not be gate raped
no imaging equipment
no boarding pass to go through security
they don't even check your ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and you know what? The planes stay in the air, amazing huh?!?!
I checked into my room that I had in a private home in a great location. Had great hosts. I then headed to Circular Quay for the bridge and Opera House. I took a tour of the Opera House, which was great.
| the coat hanger |
| the Royal Botanic Gardens are pretty nice, I did get more pictures for you Ann |
| some public art |
| I love this room |
| it's a shame I don't know more about architecture, but I still loved the inside of the building |
| for the engineers in the house, spherical solution in sight |
I walked around for a bit before my time to climb the bridge. I wandered into Rockpool, and had the best meal I've had in months. Burrawong chicken, curry daupines, broccolini and eight precious herbs, white table cloths, and actual service! I mean they took orders, refilled water without asking, said please and thank you, took dishes. It was awesome (the food and the service). I later figured out that it's one of the best restaurants in Sydney, and Australia.
| top of Harbor Bridge, first time I've actually been cold |
| Sunday morning walk to a great breakfast with Bacon and Egg Gnocchi. Yum. |
Then on to a historical walking tour of the Rocks, where Sydney was founded. I love history walks.
| shells were dissolved for lime for mortar and can still be seen |
| each convict had a different style of cutting blocks |
Then onto a fabulous lunch at Ms. G's, a Vietnemese place a 4km walk. Lamb ribs. In a sweet and sour sauce. Great views. Great DJ. Bustling crowd. Service. Yum.
| On to a rugby game! |
| After games here, fans are allowed on the field. How cool. |
| Bondi Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
| for Bob ;) I swear he was the only one there shirtless, I will do better this summer! |
| Surfers. Dude. |
| That would be me :) |
| One last drink (great song by Enter the Haggis by the way). Best wine list ever. |
Things I loved about Sydney:
men in suits
people running, biking, outside playing
traffic
excellent transport (cheaper than Adelaide by half!)
fabulous food and bars, that are NOT "hotels"
walking everywhere
in general, everything
I have more to say about Sydney, and also some other activities, so I may come flush this out if I get time, but I wanted to get pics up. So check back soon for an edit ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment