Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cows

No really.  This post has lots of cows.  They amuse me, so lots of cows.  Why do I have pictures of cows you ask? (Because Kelly is weird is not a valid answer today.)  Because a friend of mine that lives in the Adelaide Hills had a dinner party and there are cattle there is the short answer.

The day started off great (for me) when shortly after I got there two baby cows had gotten out of the paddock.  So I got to drive the big truck and help herd them back in.  Go cowgirl Kelly :)  I also got to ride in a John Deere for the first time!  Then on to a fantastic 4+ course dinner with champagne, wine, and an awesome Spanish sherry.  We finished with a nice Aussie/American compare/contrast, cheese board and smores for dessert.  This morning the group of us went to feed the cows apples.  I forgot how rough cow tongue can be!

It's been a long time since I've gotten to help/do a full on dinner party.  I completely forgot how genuinely content and happy I am cooking, drinking wine, and listening to music followed by great company, conversations and even a little dancing.  Probably explains why this picture is so fantastic.


Lookie.  Baby cows of different sizes.

Sunset starting

I got to ride in a tractor!!!!!!!!!!!

Hungry things

yum

even yummier



I think my favorite pic

A walk after feeding the cows

Couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or shine

love the trees


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. I too love cows, such amazing animals. Love the new picture. Survived the surgery but have horrible bruising in my legs, lots of pain. Glad you are getting to do some amazing things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete