Monday, July 23, 2012

Great Ocean Road/Melbourne

Last weekend I had another 3 day weekend.  I intensively planned the trip.  Get in car, go to Melbourne.  It was a good plan.  Turned out better than I hoped too!  I ended up having a friend and a towel come with me.

Drove to Melbourne in the dark on Thursday, spent Friday in Melbourne.  Went to an awesome coffee/breakfast place, went to Victoria Market, then on a great walking tour, off for some tapas, and then to visit one of Emma's friends for some beer.  Saturday was off driving to the Great Ocean Road.  Past Bell's Beach (some more Point Break for you Frank). Had an impromptu BBQ with Allyson G. from CSU and then more driving.  Stayed at a quirky place on Saturday night.  The guy there told us we would have to head "straight back girls" as we had noooo time.  Whatever.  Sunday got up for sunrise at the 12 (8) Apostles, then on to London Bridge, The Grotto, Bay of Martyrs and more.  Onto beautiful farmland, a wildlife reserve, a great lunch at a tiny cafe, some wine tasting in the Coonawara, and then some caves (the only World Heritage site in SA.)  Yup, he was right, totally didn't have time to do anything.

There are too many pics to post, so I made a movie.  If y'all hate it, I won't do it again.  Also I didn't do linkies, if anyone likes them, I'm happy to add, but don't want to waste time if they only entertain me!

Giant Things everywhere.  We missed the Land Rover on a pole.

Melbourne at night/morning depending on how you count it

My kind of breakfast place

coffeeeeeeee

Tram lines and Victoria Market

I have a think with the signs




GIMMEE

Footy addiction?

Original RR station

Federation Square.  A bit of controversy, but I loved it

In the square

Laneway Art



More coffee

Block Arcade.  Beautiful

ANZ Bank Building

Representation of the immigrants with the Eureka building (cool story behind that one too)

Aboriginal


If only Dr. Fails could see me now

Belgian beer


Bell's Beach.  A little Point Break for Frank











Good to know

From Allyson G.'s abode



Roos



Koalas




12  8 Apostles




London Bridge fell down

The Grotto









Brilliant




Tasting some 2006 Cab from Bandives

Giant Marsupials



Bats

Wallaby


And points to anyone who gets the irony of the music for my first road trip of Australia.  I give up on the video :(






No comments:

Post a Comment