Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dude

I was invited to go surfing.  In winter.  In water that comes off Antarctica.  Of course I said yes.  Why yes, I am crazy, thanks for asking.  Although I don't mind the cold weather, I actually hate cold water.  But one of the things on my list of things to do while here is surfing, so bring it on!

I did not die.  I went under a few times, and I have to admit the ocean terrifies me just a bit.  I grew up with lots of water.  My water was warm and muddy brown for the most part.  Fourth of July's were spent here and here.  Water was slow moving, no sharks, and no crashing waves with salt water going up your nose.  By the end of the day I was standing on the board and riding in (I'm not saying it was pretty, but it was functional).  It was fun and beautiful.  I even got a little tour of Victor Harbor.

Middleton Beach

I did not go that far out!



The fairy penguins didn't show up while we were there :(

My tour guide :)

Granite Island

Moonrise over Granite Island

1 comment:

  1. So...did you see any sharks?? If not, it's a good day surfing. And saltwater is great for your sinuses!!!

    ReplyDelete