I have an apartment. I even have stuff in my apartment. Tomorrow the washer and fridge get delivered (see below for explanation). Someone is giving me a bed, if I can manage to just get it (need to borrow an SUV/truck). I painted the horrid lavender and peach/pink color from the bedroom today. I would do the second room, but paint is ~57 USD for a gallon for the the cheap stuff.
Random observations/things that are different/odd:
--apartments are rented weekly, not monthly
--you need a letter of reference from previous landlords, they don't count if from the US
--apartments come "unfurnished", aka no fridge, no washer
--no dryers here.... below is the first time in my life I have ever had to do this...
--um, gas???? up that by about 10% for USD
--you can buy lamb brains in the grocery store
--american bacon is "streaky" bacon
--for the vets, FIV is common here (and we vaccinate for it), and FeLV is uncommon (and we don't)
--you can buy concentrated refills for cleaning products (saves packaging)
--Easter is a big deal here, 4 days off for almost everyone
--Easter brings out stupid amounts of chocolate, I hope that there is less around after this holiday!
--it's possible that an American and Scotsman can, in fact, out drink an Australian
--last random fact for today...one of my co-vets is from Glasgow, where she was a classmate of a good friend of mine's ex...hows's that for a small world?!?
How come no dryers? And what's with the weekly rent, do they move alot, do you get a lease?? Good to hear you have your own place, privacy is sweet!! Car in the future? Maybe walking or public transportation easier with those gas prices. And sold by the liter. Hope all is well in your world. Vicki.
ReplyDelete