Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Still alive, I swear

Things have been going well.  I have an Aussie roommate who is entertaining with almost no drama.  Veterinarianing is mostly the same across the globe, and the things that are different I've settled into (different drugs, different ways to explain).  I've made some good expat and Aussie friends.  Medically I'm all clear.  I guess you could say I've kind of settled in a bit.  Hence the slowdown on the blog.  So here is a collection of random events the past 6 weeks.  Shortly I'll post pics from the camping weekend. 
Oktoberfest is the same no matter where you are

The makings of proper Smores.  Down to Hershey's ($10) and Honey Maid's ($15)

Beach time

Happy dog after beach time

Getting PADI certified with leafy sea dragons and the damn flies.  See the Aussie salute?

7mm wet suit, vest,  hood and booties.  Cold.

McLaren Vale.  Where I seem to spending a lot of time lately.


sharing the smores with co workers.


Friday night out with the girls.

E's opinion of M and I on a lot of wine on girls' night (btw the food here, Flamingo's?? quite good)

The plates I grew up with.  Correlle never dies.  (restaraunt has a mishmash of old plates)

a missing food group comes to Oz

Life Saver's National Competition


Nickleback concert


K caught a beer for me.  On the balcony. :)

Silver Sands beach.  They really do drive on the beach for a barbie.  No shrimp though.

No comments:

Post a Comment