Well I finally "invested" in a working radio for the car, this obviously means I should road trip... I downloaded the new P!nk, Mumford, and some Train and off I went. I left Thursday night and headed to the Grampians National Park in Victoria (an Australian state for the Americans... there are 6 states ;) ).
The Grampians are old mountains and most of the "towns" are in the valleys. I did the touristy view points on Friday morning, then a 5K hike in the afternoon. For dinner I went to the
Royal Mail Hotel and treated myself to an amazing dinner. Housemade bresaola with a celery leaf and apple salad, pumpkin seed/sage/parm risotta for an entree (entree are appetizers), then a 24 hour roasted beef short rib, followed by a bread and butter pudding with an orange compote. Very nicely they poured half glasses of wine for me (probably the worse thing about traveling alone is that you are always the DD). The weirdest thing of the night was my brother's doppleganger. Down to the stupid grin and ears. I kept staring at the pour guy all night long.
The drive home was great, until I hit an
echidna. I am a big, fat, wuss. I pulled around hoping it was dead, and it wasn't. I had nothing to help. There is nothing I hate more than feeling helpless, especially when someone/something is in pain. So I sat and I cried. I wanted to drugs, or a knife, or if I had been in the states or a firearm, anything really. Instead I sat and waited. The rest of the drive was uneventful.
Saturday it rained. And lightening. And rain. Horseback riding cancelled. Climbing Arapiles cancelled. I tried to kill time in Horsham until Sunday, but was bored. So bored I went to the Stick Shed, a WWII grain storage shed. Eventually I gave in and drove home. So shorter trip, but they'll be more....
 |
| proof I can stake a tent |
 |
| streaky bacon! |
 |
| ducklings in the campground |
 |
| you don't wake up to deer in the campground here |
 |
love relief maps
 |
| McKenzie Falls |
|
 |
| doppleganger |
 |
| Rain, rain, rain |
 |
| The stick shed |
 |
| drive home |
 |
| I know which way I want to go... |
No comments:
Post a Comment