Sunday, February 19, 2012

Busy Week

I have a feeling that could be the title of the next few posts!  I am not a great writer, and I haven't done the blog thing before, but I think this adventure may be worth while.  I know this move is a surprise to everyone (including myself), so here's the story of how this happened:

The last six months
Look for job.  Have good interview.  Come in second.  Have interview at scary place.  Get offered job.  Turn down job.  Repeat.

Monday
Troll job boards.  See advertisement for job Australia.  Why not?  Send off standard CV and update cover letter that I am single, no kids or significant other to move, on a month-to-month lease, and have a job that I've already given notice to....

Tuesday
Get Valentine's date cancelled.  Consoled myself with buying yarn with a leftover gift card, cupcakes, and Indian take out for dinner.  Get email from Australia.  Reply will be home in an hour, can call then.  Proceed to have lovely conversation with Clair for 60 minutes.

Wednesday
Clair calls all my references.  Sets up interview with Dr. Lee for Thursday night.

Thursday
Interview for over 2 hours while at USA Dave's house (sorry Dave, didn't think it would be so long).

Friday
Wake up to email with job offer.  Call my mom and tell her "I have something to tell you."  Her response? "Are you pregnant?!?!"  I then spent most of the morning crying for no real reason at the drop of a hat.

Saturday
Accept offer.

I have no real idea what I'm doing.  But it should be fun (even if I am a little terrified!)  So let the "lasts XXX" and "see you later's" start!

4 comments:

  1. I am sooooo excited for you!
    Will be following your blog and watching for pics of your amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Kelly! Congratulations! I can't wait to live vicariously through your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Effing A .... Effing A ... I'm Deff coming to visit you BTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to see you today and hear your news. Good luck on your new adventure! We will all miss you (Lucy especially!) and I'll check in often to see how things are going.

    ReplyDelete