Friday, May 10, 2013

Tasmania


 Apologies for abandoning the blog.  It's not that I have nothing to say, more that since the wonderful christmas ipad, followed by moving in with the amazing Aussie to the boonies with no internet...pictures and computers and blogs seem more complicated.  So I sit at lunch in a park with a dongle for internet to bring you Tasmania from March.

I met up with Emma (the same from last July's road trip) in Melbourne for a few days before we headed to Tasmania.  I love Melbourne.  I love the CBD.  I love the food.  I love the alley ways.  It is all good.

No idea why, I just like the pointing finger


Movida, small plates, bubbly.  Perfect trip starter.

Best dumplings I have ever had anywhere ever.  Better than chinatown in NYC, San Fran , or Seattle

It's Melbourne, gotta have coffee.  Better with chocolate.

Did I mention I like the food?


Then on to Hobart, Tasmania.  Tasmania is my favorite state.  Still need to see WA and NT though.
MOMA museum.  Interesting. This is probably one of the few safe for general viewing.

Next day was Taste of Huon.  Apples, wine, cider, cheese, wallaby.  The usual you know.

Also the skywalk that made me ache for Colorado.

Top of Mt Wellington

Then we left Hobart and traveled up the coast.

First up, Port Arthur.  Amazing history, amazing views.  I have to say Tasmania is the first place here that has felt like it has history, like it has a soul behind it.

Prisons are fascinating, I say that from the outside.




Wineglass Bay


Bay of Fires





Then to Launceston for the night. And on to Cradle Mountain.  Except there was no mountain.  Just fog.  And wombats!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Probably one of the more interesting things about Tasmania?  An American was a novelty, and a welcome one.  It was also the first place that felt like I fit in slightly easier.  Don't know what that says about me, or Tasmania.  I'm pretty sure I only have one head.  It was gorgeous and welcoming, a nice change from I live.  I'm sure I'll get lambasted about that comment, but it's true.  I could go back and spend another two weeks there in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment